There is a thin line between appearing in the interview and landing a job. Some candidates get a call after interview from the prospective employers but some not. This difference comes to missing some essential things that make a better job candidate. If you have not interview skills, job skills then there are more chances to missing the better job opportunity.
If you are a job seeker then you should try to become deserve or better job candidate for the job post you applied or going to apply. You should be well familiar with the selection process of the company or organization. It will help you to secure your seat in the company.
If you have sent resume to numerous recruiters or employers to find the dream job but not receiving a call back means it is the time to become a better job candidate. Here are five proven ways that help to land a dream job.
- Resume format: There are different types of the resume like a chronological resume, targeted resume, functional resume, combination resume etc. These different types of resume have the different format on the basis of purpose. You should choose format and type of the resume that best fit for the dream job. You can use reverse chronological resume format if you are looking for a new job in the same industry in which you are already working. As this format helps to explain work experience first.
- Increase interview skills: These days interview is an essential step of the selection process. It is conducted to judge job seeker thoroughly. You should try increase interview skills and prepare some common questions like tell me about yourself, why should we hire you, what are your strengths and weaknesses etc. These are very common interview question but the right answer of these questions can secure your place in the company.
- Read job description thoroughly: A number of job seekers don’t read the job description thoroughly and apply for the job. Even they don’t read mandatory requirements. It makes them part of the crowd. It is essential to improve your job search ability and read all things related with job carefully before sending resume to the employer.
- Increase job skills: Job skills are the foundation of the career building. Employers give preference to the candidates who have some essential job skills like communication skills, leadership, strong work values, teamwork, time management skills etc. You should mention these skills in the resume to grab the job post.
- Identify right job: There are thousands of job available in the industry that you want to join but it is important to apply for the job based on your skills. If you are specialized in any field then should give preference to your specialized field. It will make you deserve candidate for the skills based or specialized job.
There is no ready-made road map to become a better job candidate for all jobs, companies and industries. It varies jobs to jobs and requirements but basic things apply for all jobs and industries. So, you can follow these ways to make you a better candidate for the next job.