Most of the job seekers think that job sites are the easiest place to find a dream job. They spend a lot of time on these sites on the basis of this perception and send resume to a number of employers without knowing employer’s response. To find a dream job, effective job search and strategy is essential. You can find your desirable job and walk on dream career path just following these steps.
1. Job search criteria: Your dream job may be related to salary, job position or company culture. So, you should figure out your job search priorities and make a list of top five priorities. It will save your time that most of the candidates spend to find out the jobs. It might be that you get success to secure your place in dream company but job position is not that you want. In such cases, you should increase your skills and fulfill other parameters that can assist you to get that position in the future.
2. List of jobs: You should make a list of companies and jobs that match your criteria. This list can be used to keep the record of job searched. You can use excel spreadsheet to create a list of jobs. It will save your time during the job search.
3. Read the job description carefully: Reading full job description while searching jobs take much time. Even though it saves your much time that you spend to apply for the jobs. If you did not read job description in detail then you can apply for the jobs that do not meet your criteria or you do not deserve candidate for that job. You should carefully go through to the mandatory requirements of the job because companies do not provide relaxation on mandatory requirements.
4. Customize CV or resume: You should customize your resume according to the job position and company. Customizing cover letter may be additional step to find a dream job. You should have multiple version of the CV according to companies and job profiles.
5. Referral network: Most of the companies do not advertise job openings. These companies prefer to referred candidates. In such cases, attend career seminars, industry conferences and training sessions can help you. You can tell friends that you are looking for jobs and email resume to the friends who are already in jobs. These days most of the companies are hiring candidates who are referred by their employees or from reliable sources due to new candidates’ stability in the organization.
6. Use social media: These days social media has become all in one online platform to connect with each other. Some companies are using this platform to hire employees. In this row, LinkedIn is leading. These companies share new job openings on its official social media page/profile. You should regularly visit social profiles and pages of the dream company to grab the new opportunity as it opens.
However, there is no magic bullet or hard and fast path to find a dream job but following above mention steps can help you. You should focus on the quality job search that takes less time over quantity job search that waste much time.